Entrepreneurship, people skills, speaking skills, movies; these were our usual topics of discussion. But what’s all that without a little knowledge about some amazing stuff?
So, we decided to have posts which you can read to find out about unbelievable facts. And this is going to be a thing on TenFigures every now and then, starting now.
Every time we gather enough awesome facts, we will make a post about it and publish it here. We’re calling it “The 10 Enlightenments”.
So, here’s our pilot.
1. The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our pies were all made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are indeed made of star stuff.
2. A pig’s orgasm lasts 30 minutes. ( Try scolding someone by saying they’re a pig now. )
3. There’s a type of jellyfish that lives forever. Scientists have been trying to use this fact to find a way to make stem cells use this process to renew dead/damaged people.
4. Millions of trees grow because of squirrels; just because they just forget where they buried the nuts.
5. A U.K dental surgeon created a flawless prosthetic for a man who lost a large portion of his face due to a malignant tumor. He used a 3-D printer.
6. There’s an ecosystem of bacteria living in your belly….RIGHT NOW.
7. Babies are born without knee caps. They don’t appear until the child reaches 2-6 years of age.
8. Captive dolphins commit suicide.
9. Abraham Lincoln had a voice that was shrill and high, not a baritone.
10. There is a one year old Indian boy, who was born with 34 fingers and toes. ( 7 fingers on each hand and 10 toes on each foot. ) This is now a world record.